Tuesday 16 August 2011

Thing 8 - Google Calendar

I've been using Google Calendar for about 4 years now, since I changed to Gmail. I like the fact that you can share calendars with other people and set up email reminders for appointments and events. You can also get mobile access with android phones, meaning you can't possibly miss anything.

The downside is that you no longer have the "I forgot" or "previous engagement" excuse if you share your calendar with others.

Although these tools are a great way of organising your life and ensuring that appointments aren't missed, I wonder if we're becoming too reliant on technology to do all the reminding for us and forgetting how to use our brains to do it.

I will probably use Google Calendar more once I've got used to the new smartphone and no doubt it will help me keep on track when I start to get busy in the Autumn.

No comments: